Finally signed

It has been awfully long since my last post but a lot has happened.

Following on from my last post, I attended the assessment centre for Compass Group. I must say this was a very interesting experience. Just try to picture this... the assessment centre took place at the Kia Oval in South London. Now most of you probably won't know what the Kia Oval is, well it's a cricket stadium. I walked in and around, was so lost and confused; I actually thought I went to the wrong place.

Now this assessment centre was unlike anything I have ever experienced. There was probably close to 100-120 candidates, the lunch served was perfecto-mundo, and the banter was quite good. The day consisted of 3 exercises: a paired exercise, a group (table) exercise and finally an individual task. By the individual task all I had on my mind was "I need fooooooood, FOOOOOOD!" Good stuff served though.

Aside from Compass, I also had interviews with a firm called GlocalNumber. Now this firm is located in Heron Tower on the 19th floor I believe, but the automated glass lifts were so amazing! Even though they were a telecommunications company, I had the opportunity to interview for an accountants position. I must say I loved the giant fish tank Heron Tower has.

After all of these, I actually got headhunted for a few roles. Honestly the best feeling after love, family, sex and all of that, is the feeling of being wanted by firms. So there I was being headhunted by a few firms including a tech firm, and a hedge fund.

So where did I end up? Well, I'm not going to tell you the firm name however I will tell you that I am now a Junior Consultant for Project Management and Controls. I shall be working on massive civil infrastructure projects, oil and gas, defence and so on. Amazing chances and opportunities to acquire, I've finally joined the payroll.

So moral of the story so far? Keep going and pursue, not everyone lands the job one out of one interviews (like someone I know) but we will all get there someday.

Where does this lead me now? I'm not too sure, I guess we will have to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.




I guess I shall be signing out for now.

0 comments: