Miami: The Food

Everyone usually goes on a diet before a beach or tropical holiday but once you land the words "Diet who?!" comes to mind.

As you can imagine, depending on how good your geography is, Miami (Florida) is rather close to Cuba. As such there is a large influx of Cuban people bringing in their Cuban cuisine. On top of that it is America with its diners and super size meals. So without further ado...

Just a few places I tried in Miami:

McDonalds
You must be thinking: 'Why would you go on holiday and have Mcdonalds?!' I tell you what, you
truly are missing out. I've made it a must to try it in every country. So how was Miami's take? The burgers genuinely are better, more flavour like you could almost taste real meat. Best thing of all is they do all day breakfast! Didn't have to get up super early just catch that Double Sausage Egg McMuffin.

Pollo Tropical
Your alternative to Nando's and McDonalds. This food chain served fast Cuban food, they literally have a production rail to grill chicken. Things I loved this were the ribs, the waffle fries and best of all the Plantain, that and their rum pineapple sauce. It's also dirt cheap!

Havana 1957
1957 Specialty
As this is a chain it is literally in quite a few spots. The food is amazing, however you might get a shock at the end of your meal when the bill comes to greet. This place has a Nandos-y feel to it, quite literally. I know above I may have mentioned good plantain, but this place is like plantain heaven. Never have I tasted better plantain in my life.

Finnegan's Way
I did enjoy the the breakfast here very much. Since I can get English Breakfast any time of the day in London this is clearly not the option I went for. I did however get a Huevos Rancheros; Scrambled Eggs with Chorizo over warm Corn Tortillas, topped with Ranchero Sauce & Cheese. The Chorizo was to die for.

Huevos Rancheros
iHop
Okay if you go to the states and don't try iHop... you missed out. I got myself french toast and hash browns with a side of orange juice. Its like feed me sugar and don't stop. The place obviously has its prestige pancake options with the special syrups and omelettes. So worth it, make your way here at least once!

Bodega
So this place was a restaurant by day, club at night. Nice little spot indeed. Everyone I met said try the burrito, try the burrito! I didn't try the burrito... but I did have the tacos. Maybe I didn't try enough of them but they weren't really special. It is a nice little snack after partying though.

Foooddddd....



0 comments: