The UKICE 2014 Conference

I recently attended the two day conference held at London’s Queen Elizabeth II Conference Hall was quiet enlightening. Although I only attended for one day, I was served good food and a range of refreshments.

I had the chance to meet and speak with a variety of companies that are involved with infrastructure, building and development; many of which advertised new program packages that would enhance data collection and visual analysis. On top of this, conference lectures or discussions ran in schedule debating and elaborating on the experiences of the speakers but also external view points and future development. I support the aim of such discussions were to enlighten the audience both exhibitors and delegates into taking part in new opportunities of business but foremost the development of London and its infrastructure. I found one of the development case studies rather interesting as the speakers were discussing the difference in life expectancy in just a bus runs but also social class status as well.

I learnt a fair amount of how digital imaging can be used to analyse thermal data which the human eye cannot distinguish but also how that analysis is used to define the efficiency of energy distributions and more. I may have also entered into a competition to win free helicopter flight lessons.


This was also the first opportunity for me to use my newly produced LogiKal Projects business cards; a few were willing to receive some. Aside from this I spent quite a bit of time playing with the company Rubik cubes; in competition for the fastest solving time with my colleague. I'm not winning :(



0 comments: